15 Oct Herbal Tea and Their Benefits
What is Herbal Tea?
Herbal Tea and Their Benefits: The name herbal tea intrigues the concept of the plant as its ingredient but it is not the fact. The herbal tea is a mixture of various roots, tubers, fruits, leaves, and flowers of non-tea plants. Herbs have been used anciently as medicine for a long time; they are still used as a source of medicines. Herbal teas have been used for a long time but they have gained a name recently due to their health benefits. Therefore, the global tea market is increasing along with health benefits for the body. Modern-day diets and lifestyles are responsible for stress, emotional, and physical breakdowns. Herbal teas act as holistic medicine without any side effects.
Different Available Herbal Teas
Herbal teas are formed by a combination of naturally occurring ingredients having a variety of health benefits. Herbal teas are made by teabags containing dried stems, seeds, and leaves, etc. They come in a variety of tastes and fragrances. The most common herbal teas are:
- Peppermint tea
- It ensures good digestion; and contains antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anticancer, and antimicrobial activity.
- Ginger tea
- It possesses analgesic properties thereby helps in 0ain relief.
- Chamomile tea
- It has a soothing effect and helps with sleep disturbances.
- It may reduce cholesterol and sugar levels.
- Echinacea tea
- It prevents the common cold and enhances your immune system.
- Hibiscus tea
- It is helpful in hypertensive patients
- Sage tea
- It improves the memory
- Rooibos tea
- It reduces the onset of heart diseases and improves bone health.
- Lemon tea
- It contains antioxidants.
- Turmeric tea
Herbal Tea Health Effects!
Generally, herbal teas show positive health effects on the human body and contain multiple health effects. You can say tea is one of the healthiest drinks in the world.
- The human body remains exposed to multiple oxidants and exert harmful effects. The herbal tea contains ingredients that possess antioxidative properties.
- Anti Inflammatory
- Inflammation can result in body aches, headaches, and joint pains, etc. Herbal teas like ginger and turmeric have high anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore, they relieve the pain of inflammation in return.
- Your eyes can’t see the harmful microorganism with the naked eye. A variety of bacteria, viruses, and fungi can result in multiple infections e.g respiratory tract infections.
- Herbal teas like ginger, lemon, and chamomile have soothing effects that help to fight against infections. In the sore throat, herbal tea may have beneficial effects by relieving the irritation of the mucosa.
- The modern-day diet is one of the factors responsible for the increasing rate of cancers. Different food items and products can be carcinogenic. The uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells in the body may lead to death eventually.
- Herbal teas contain nothing but naturally occurring ingredients e.g peppermint and ginger. The natural herbs are not processed and contain helpful grains. Therefore, usage of herbal tea on regular basis does not harm your body.
- Salt, food additives, obesity, and sedentary lifestyles result in the development of increased blood pressure. Long-term hypertension may cause stroke and heart attack.
- Herbal tea’s ingredients do not contain such elements to increase blood pressure. They improve digestion and help you get essential energy from a low-calorie diet.
- LDL is bad cholesterol and its high level may render you to develop metabolic syndromes e.g diabetes mellitus.
- Herbal tea may act as diet suppression and may reduce your cholesterol levels.
- Thermogenic properties
- In cold weather, herbal teas made with hot water can provide a warm effect. Therefore, it may help you to remain warm in cold weather.
- Weight loss
- Weight loss is one of the tedious jobs to do, but the ingredients of herbal tea e.g lemongrass and fennel may help in burning extra stored fat.
- They help the metabolism to work at the optimum level, so help in weight loss indirectly.